Attendees at USITT19 have the opportunity to test some cutting-edge technology. Convention Data Services (CDS) has asked USITT to beta test a new registration option designed to make badge pick-up on site more speedy and efficient.
The system, which uses state-of-the-art facial recognition software developed by Zenus Biometrics, gives you the option of uploading a photo to the registration site prior to the event. The software converts the image into a facial map and the image itself is not stored.
We are encouraging new registrants to utilize the facial recognition option, and even if you’ve already registered, you can easily go back into your registration an add a photo. Here’s how:
- Visit the Registration Resource Center.
- Click on “Access My Registration.”
- You will be prompted to enter your badge number and the email that you used to register. Your badge number can be found on your registration confirmation.
- The system will then ask you to upload a photo or take a photo using the registration system, if your computer is equipped with a camera.
- Once you arrive, select the facial recognition option at the check-in station. The camera at the station will match the facial map to a registration record and instantly print your badge!
“We’re very excited that CDS has asked us to test this facial recognition system,” said Monica L. Merritt, Director of Member Services. “As a technology institute, we should be at the forefront of new systems. We think USITT is the ideal candidate to help influence the next wave of registration services.”
CDS is planning a full release of the service for later this year.
Get a feel for what you will experience if you choose to take advantage of this new and exciting technology with this video:
Participation in the program is voluntary. Your submitted image is translated into a facial map and the image itself is not stored. The program’s algorithm matches your image to stored map data. No personally identifiable information is stored with the software that recognizes your face – only your badge ID. Within one week after the event, all image information is deleted.