Become a locavore this week as you explore Louisville’s chic down-home cuisine. The phrase, “eat local” weighs heavily in Louisville as there are many family-owned resturants, coffee shops, and watering holes to grab a delicious bite to eat. Don’t forget to tag these locally-loved spots in your Instagram pics and hashtag #USITT19 so other attendees can see all the cool places you’ve explored!
Boost your energy before a full day of Conference by grabbing a cup of joe at one of these coffee spots. All a short distance from the KICC (Kentucky International Convention Center), you’ll be able to fuel up and get to your first session on time. Running late? Stop by your hotel coffee outlet so you can simply grab and go.
*Heine Brothers – (4th & Muhammad Ali) 462 S. 4th St. 40202 (two blocks south of KICC)
Starbucks – (4th & Muhammad Ali) 500 S. 4th St. 40202 (two blocks south of KICC)
Panera – 400 W. Market St. 40202 (across from KICC on 4th)
*Sunergos – 231 S. 5th St. 40202 (one block west of KICC)
Starbucks – (5th & Main St.) 101 S. 5th St. 40202 (two blocks from KICC)
*Heine Brothers – (5th & Main) 516 W. Main St. 40202 (two blocks from KICC)
*Atlantic #5 – (6th & Main) 605 W. Main St. 40202 (four blocks from KICC)
*Please & Thank You – (Market & Floyd) 252 E. Market 40202 (six blocks from KICC)
*Quills – 802 E. Main St. 40206 (10 blocks from KICC)
*Please & Thank You – 800 E. Market St. 40206 (11 blocks from KICC)
(*indicates locally owned)
Convenience is key when it comes to these two restaurant corridors. You’ll find bourbon bars, pizzerias, Mexican fare, American grub, and local Louisville staples like the famous “hot brown.”
- 2 blocks from KICC at 2nd and Main
- Features many restaurants and watering holes including Sidebar, Doc Crow’s Southern Smokehouse and Raw Bar, Troll Pub, Impellizzeris, Merle’s Whiskey Kitchen
Nulu – East Market District
- Eight blocks east of KICC
- Ride Lou Lift for FREE to Nulu area – pick up at 4th and Market
- Dozens of restaurants, bars, boutiques & nightlife including Wild Ritas, Garage Bar, Feast BBQ, Royals Hot Chicken, Taj Nulu, Play Louisville, Grind Burger Kitchen, Pho Ba Luu, The Mayan Cafe, Hi-Five Doughnuts
A big thank you to our local friends at Louisville Tourism for these awesome suggestions!